SenSEO for Firefox
Created and maintained by Nico Steiner © 2012
SenSEO 2.0.0 is a bootstrap add-on - installing the add-on doesn't need a Firefox restart. It no longer integrates in Firebug but runs in it's own panel in the upper right corner of your browser. more details
SenSEO analyzes web pages and tells you how good they fulfill on-page Search Engine optimization criteria. It gives you:
- Overview of SEO-important web page components
- Analysis of on-page SEO criteria
In the current version SenSEO checks
- Correct usage of Document-Title, Meta-Description and Meta-Keywords
- Headlines, Domain and URL-Path
- robots.txt, sitemap.xml, microdata
- Page load time
- Other general content criteria
- Pages crawler
- Compare inspect results
- Check for Last-Modiefied header
- Check for Content-Type header
- Find alternative sitemap.xml path in robots.txt
- Improved highlight feature
- Some bugfixes
SenSEO 2.4: Pages Crawler
SenSEO 2.4: Compare Inspect Results
Go to the Mozilla Addon-Site to download the current version of SenSEO.
First of all it is important to know how to deal with SEO. The SenSEO-rules try to follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines.
Google says:Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you'd feel comfortable explaining what you've done to a website that competes with you. Another useful test is to ask, "Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn't exist?"
So please keep this in mind whenever you try to push your site in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) and do SEO moderately.
For questions, ideas or problems go to SenSEO at Get Satisfaction.
I registered the account http://twitter.com/sensationalseo at Twitter. Follow the development of SenSEO and get links to interesting SEO ressources.
SEO's Toolbox Collection
I created the SEO's Toolbox Collection at Firefox Add-ons. This Collection bundels the best extensions for Search Engine Optimization.
I published a short german presentation of SenSEO at Slideshare.
I would like to say thank you to people helping SenSEO getting better by reporting issues, making suggestions for improvements or taking part in any other way.
- Richard Sternagel, who made a presentation about developing Firefox Extensions and by that inspired me to try to create my own Extension.
- The working group of Firebug.
- The developers of YSlow - their extension gave the idea for SenSEO.
- Marcell Sarközy for his SEO Onpage Score Sheet and Sebastian Erlhofer for his book Suchmaschinen-Optimierung - some of the criteria SenSEO checks come from these two sources.
- All who take part on the SenSEO Reviews for giving me feedback.